Kiwi Kids Read Kiwi Books

An online bookstore devoted to books for children and teens written and illustrated by New Zealanders

Meet Kiwi Authors

rose-stanley-author

Rose Stanley

Rose Stanley has previously worked in New Zealand schools for many years providing pastoral care for students experiencing challenges, both emotionally and socially. She is

Read More »
yvette-carol-author

Yvette Carol

Auckland author Yvette Carol’s enduring love of mythology and fantasy fiction for children inspired her to write her novels, The Or’in of Tane, The Sasori

Read More »
kate-s-richards

Kate S. Richards

Auckland author Kate S Richards lives with her husband and two teenagers in a house in the woods, with a menagerie of cats, dogs and

Read More »
josephine-carson-barr

Josephine Carson-Barr

Josephine Carson-Barr has written in multiple genres over the last ten years but is now focusing on children’s picture books. She works in collaboration with

Read More »
mr-mac-author

Mr Mac

Mr Mac is a primary school teacher in Mount Maunganui who writes illustrated novels to engage readers aged 7-12. He uses humour to teach lessons

Read More »
karen-mcmillan

Karen McMillan

Auckland author Karen McMillan is the author of 17 books, published in nine countries, a mixture of fiction, non-fiction and children’s books. Her non-fiction titles

Read More »
Anna Kenna

Anna Kenna

Kāpiti Coast author Anna Kenna is former television reporter, long-distance hiker and dog lover. After a 30 year career in journalism, she now writes for

Read More »
rachel-numan

Rachel Numan

Rachel Numan lives on a dairy farm in the Waikato, with two tiny farmers (her boys, Jack and Oscar), one real farmer (her husband, Chris),

Read More »
Ben Spies

Ben Spies

Ben Spies is a young author living on the beautiful Kapiti Coast. Ben’s passion for writing led him to become a published author at the

Read More »
donna-blaber-author

Donna Blaber

Whangarei-based author Donna Blaber spent most of her childhood with her nose in a book, reading everything she could get her hands on. She grew

Read More »
kate-gordon

Kate B. Gordon

Wanaka author Kate B Gordon spent 90% of her childhood reading books about ponies and magical adventures. The other 10% she spent galloping around the

Read More »

Kiwi kids book news

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to be the first to hear about new books, Kiwi authors & special offers

Info for Kiwi authors

Want to list your books with KKRKB? Find out about author benefits and submission requirements