E hia ngā moe includes:
- Repetitive sentence structure: “E hia ngā ….?” (How many ….?)
- Repetitive sentence structure: “Me kaute ngā …..” (Let’s count the …..)
- Vocabulary for numbers and Christmas items
- Singalong CD which turns the book into a catchy song
- English translation
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a fun book to do on the mat!
- Picture glossary
- Guitar chords
Curriculum Links for E hia ngā moe?:
Tikanga: Māori counting is founded on a base 10 system.
Learning Intention: Count in descending order.
Te Whāriki: Links to Strand 4, Goal 3: use a counting system for meaningful purposes.
Te Aho Arataki Marau: Links to 1.3: communicate about numbers.
What others say about E hia ngā moe?:
“This is one of my daughter’s favourite pukapuka. She loves the interactive aspect, counting the new items on each page aloud. She also enjoyed discovering that the mumutawa (ladybug) was somewhere to be found on each page.” ~ Kirsten Parkinson, mum
Meet Kiwi author Sharon Holt
Find out more about Sharon and the Te Reo Singalong series on Sharon’s author page.