Ka Maumahara Tonu includes:
- Repeated sentence: “He pātai tāku” (I have a question)
- Vocabulary for discussions around Gallipoli
- Singalong CD which turns the book into a catchy song
- English translation
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a book to do on the mat
- Glossary of words used in the book
- Guitar chords
Curriculum Links for Ka Maumahara Tonu:
Tikanga: Children’s relationship to Papatūānuku is based on whakapapa, respect and aroha.
Learning Intention: Making connections between people, places and things in their world.
Te Whāriki: Links to Strand 2, goal 1: connecting links with the family and the wider world are affirmed and extended.
Te Aho Arataki Marau: Links to 2.1: communicate about relationships between people.
Kiwi author Sharon Holt
Find out more about Sharon and the Te Reo Singalong series on Sharon’s author page.