Ka Maumahara Tonu includes:
- Repeated sentence: “He pātai tāku” (I have a question)
- Vocabulary for discussions around Gallipoli
- Singalong CD which turns the book into a catchy song
- English translation
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a book to do on the mat
- Glossary of words used in the book
- Guitar chords
Curriculum Links for Ka Maumahara Tonu:
Tikanga: Children’s relationship to Papatūānuku is based on whakapapa, respect and aroha.
Learning Intention: Making connections between people, places and things in their world.
Te Whāriki: Links to Strand 2, goal 1: connecting links with the family and the wider world are affirmed and extended.
Te Aho Arataki Marau: Links to 2.1: communicate about relationships between people.
Author – Sharon Holt
Illustrator – Jasmine Irene Bailey
Sharon Holt is a children’s author and creator of books and resources in te reo Māori.
Several of her books have won or been shortlisted for awards, and her Te Reo Singalong series won its category in both Ngā Tohu Reo Māori / Māori Language Awards in 2013 and the CLNZ Educational Publishing Awards in 2015.
Find out more about Sharon and the Te Reo Singalong series on Sharon’s author page.