Mōrena Mōrena includes:
- Repetitive sentence structure: “Kei te whiti mai te rā.” (The sun is shining.)
- Vocabulary for morning routines.
- Singalong CD or audio download which turns the book into a catchy song.
- English translation.
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a fun book to do on the mat!
- Guitar chords.
- Music also available for download on SOUNDCLOUD.
- Tikanga: Morning routines are good for health and well-being.
- Learning Intention: Understanding how things work here and adapting to change.
- Te Whāriki: Links to Strand 2, goal 3: children feel comfortable with routines, customs and regular events.
- Te Aho Arataki Marau: Links to 3.1: communicate about routines.
Kiwi author Sharon Holt
Sharon Holt is a children’s author and creator of books and resources in te reo Māori. Find out more about Sharon and the Te Reo Singalong series on Sharon’s author page.