Nā wai ēnei? includes:
- Repetitive sentence structure: “Nā wai ēnei?” (Who do these belong to?)
- Vocabulary for the names of sea creatures in te reo.
- Diagram explaining how rubbish reaches the ocean.
- Singalong CD or audio download which turns the book into a beautiful song.
- English translation.
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a fun book to do on the mat!
- Guitar chords.
- Music also available for download on SOUNDCLOUD.
- Tikanga: If we look after Tangaroa and his tamariki, Tangaroa will look after us.
- Learning Intention: Making connections between people, places and things in their world.
- Te Whāriki: Links to Strand 2, goal 1: connecting links with the family and the wider world are affirmed and extended.
- Te Aho Arataki Marau: Links to 2.2: communicate about possessions.
Kiwi author Sharon Holt
Sharon Holt is a children’s author and creator of books and resources in te reo Māori. Find out more about Sharon and the Te Reo Singalong series on Sharon’s author page.