Ngā Āhua includes:
- Repetitive sentence structure: “He ….. t(ōku) …” (My … make a ….)
- Vocabulary for shapes and body parts.
- Singalong CD which turns the book into a catchy song
- English translation
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a fun book to do on the mat!
- Glossary of shapes used in the book
- Guitar chords
Curriculum Links for Ngā Āhua:
Tikanga: Through te reo Māori children’s identity, belonging and wellbeing are enhanced.
Learning intention: Express feelings and ideas using a wide range of materials and modes.
Te Whāriki: Links to Strand 4, goal 4: discover different ways to be creative and expressive.
Te Aho Arataki Marau: Links to 2.5: communicate about physical characteristics, personality, and feelings.”
Find out more about Sharon and the Te Reo Singalong series on Sharon’s author page.