Ngā Atua Māori includes:
- Repetitive sentence structure: “Ko wai au? Ko wai koe? Ko wai ia?” (Who am I? Who are you? Who is he/she?)
- Names of atua Māori and their area of the environment
- Singalong CD which turns the book into a catchy song
- Song available for download at www.soundcloud.com/tereosingalong
- English translation
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a fun book to do on the mat!
- Guitar chords
Author – Sharon Holt
Illustrator – Stephanie Jane Thatcher
Meet Kiwi author Sharon Holt
Sharon Holt is a children’s author and creator of books and resources in te reo Māori.
Several of her books have won or been shortlisted for awards, and her Te Reo Singalong series won its category in both Ngā Tohu Reo Māori / Māori Language Awards in 2013 and the CLNZ Educational Publishing Awards in 2015.
Find out more about Sharon and the Te Reo Singalong series on Sharon’s author page.