Puanga me Matariki includes:
- Repetitive sentence structure: “E ai ki…” (According to…)
- Information about why some iwi look to Puanga as a sign of the new year.
- Star map for Matariki, Puanga and the stars around them in the night sky.
- Singalong CD or audio download which turns the book into a catchy song.
- English translation.
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a fun book to do on the mat!
- Guitar chords.
- Music also available for download on SOUNDCLOUD.
- Tikanga: Morning routines are good for health and well-being.
- Learning Intention: Understanding how things work here and adapting to change.
- Te Whāriki: Links to Strand 2, goal 3: children feel comfortable with routines, customs and regular events.
- Te Aho Arataki Marau: Links to 3.1: communicate about routines.
Kiwi author Sharon Holt
Sharon Holt is a children’s author and creator of books and resources in te reo Māori. Find out more about Sharon and the Te Reo Singalong series on Sharon’s author page.
There are no reviews yet.