Te Kāhui o Matariki includes:
- Repetitive sentence structure: “Titiro ki runga. Titiro ki runga. Whakarongo ki te taiao.” (Look up. Look up. Listen to the environment.)
- Names of the nine stars of Matariki and their relationship to the environment
- Singalong CD which turns the book into a catchy song
- English translation
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a fun book to do on the mat!
- Guitar chords
- Tikanga: The Matariki stars have environmental signivicance for Māori.
- Learning Intention: Enjoy hearing and retelling stories.
- Te Whāriki: Links to Strand 5, goal 4: children experience the stories and symbols of their won and other cultures.
- Te Aho Arataki Marau: Links to 3.1: communicate about customs.
Kiwi author Sharon Holt
Sharon Holt is a children’s author and creator of books and resources in te reo Māori. Find out more about Sharon and the Te Reo Singalong series on Sharon’s author page.
There are no reviews yet.