Kiwi Kids Read Kiwi Books

An online bookstore devoted to books for children and teens written and illustrated by New Zealanders

Kate B. Gordon

Wanaka author Kate B Gordon spent 90% of her childhood reading books about ponies and magical adventures. The other 10% she spent galloping around the garden on an imaginary horse – until she was able to ride a real pony of her own.

Now she’s penning fantastical adventure stories about brave friends, ponies and unicorns.

Kate is inspired by the magical mountains of Central Otago in New Zealand’s South Island where she lives with her husband, three dogs, and two cats. She’s currently working on the second book in the Unicorn King series called Sasha and the Warrior Unicorn.

Visit Kate’s website,, to find out when the next Unicorn King book will be available. You can also sign up for Kate’s occasional newsletters where she talks about her writing, characters in her books and shares other middle grade fantasy and horse books that readers may enjoy. By return email you will receive links to download, three, free beautiful illustrations of Ambrosius, the unicorn king, and his unicorn friends.

Email Kate to find out about wholesale orders and school visits.


Kiwi kids book news

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to be the first to hear about new books, Kiwi authors & special offers

Info for Kiwi authors

Want to list your books with KKRKB? Find out about author benefits and submission requirements